HybridZ

no power to black and white wire on ignition switch

I'm getting no power to the black and white wire that goes into the back of the ignition switch.

I checked all fuses they seem to be fine. Does anybody know if the wire leads to some kind of fuse or relay it connects to or is it a straight 12 amp connection

Edited by Clashez

Well, you may be thinking of it the wrong way round...  The Black/White wire is energized by the ignition switch at IGN ON and generally goes on to power EFI relay, coil, ignitor on turbo cars, and various and sundry other things.  The source voltage comes from a White/(usually) Black (sometimes White/Red) from the battery and/or alternator output - to the switch... If you have voltage on the source wire, but no voltage on the B/W when you turn the IGN switch to the ON position, signs would point to a bad Ignition switch. That should all be in the FSM for your particular model.

Edited by cgsheen

Need to use a voltmeter to make sure they are good . What year car are you working on ?

Well, you may be thinking of it the wrong way round... The Black/White wire is energized by the ignition switch at IGN ON and generally goes on to power EFI relay, coil, ignitor on turbo cars, and various and sundry other things. The source voltage comes from a White/(usually) Black (sometimes White/Red) from the battery and/or alternator output - to the switch... If you have voltage on the source wire, but no voltage on the B/W when you turn the IGN switch to the ON position, signs would point to a bad Ignition switch. That should all be in the FSM for your particular model.

I'll have to check the wires again when i get home.

Seems as though nothing is powering up the clock dont even come on.

Only the voltage gage and fuel gage will work and headlights ( hell wiper wont come on , turn signals wont come on ,)

Edited by Clashez