HybridZ

Rear LCA drop mounts

I'm redoing my rear end and came across the lower control drop mounts. I'm pretty disappointed in the stock drop mounts. They look like they would bend with a good breeze. I'm actually surpized that they hold up the factory LCA's and figure with a v8 convertion and plenty of abuse they would be destroyed. I've been looking at TTT and some other options but can't justify spending $300 plus for such a simple design.. Has anyone on here beefed up the stockers or made their own? Just looking for ideas

Hey CrayZ,,, I looked at doing that as well. I think you can just box them and weld plates onto the drop downs. If you are not updating the Dif I would do that. if you are going to another dif with LSD. Go with someones already finished products. Yes pricey but its done and bolts right in.

Yeah I have the r200 vlsd short nose. It doesn't look to difficult to make something. I was just curious if anyone else has shared the same concern. For the life of me I can't understand how Datsun "nissan" thought those those drop down would do the job. They look like they would collapse under heavy acceleration. The previous owner built a cage to support the drop downs and front diff mount so it's been fine to date. I'm building a 3" dual exhuast system this weekend and the cage has to come out to make room for the pipes.