HybridZ

Help Identify fitting on 77 280z

Hello gents! After replacing the intake/exhaust manifold gasket, sensors, thermostat housing, wiring, injector harness and generally cleaning up and organizing the entire fuel rail area, I am finally at the point where I can start up my 77 280z again. The problem is that there is an open threaded hole on the intake manifold and I can not figure out what went there. There doesnt seem to be anything left that is not plugged in so I am thinking that it may have been plugged but would like to confirm before I try and start it. I have viewed numerous photos online and in the FSM and I cannot figure out what this thing is/was for. Attached is a photo of the hole, circled in red...

post-37606-0-21565500-1368808998_thumb.jpg

Also - Just another bit of information. I am fairly certain that this intake manifold was off a vehicle with a manual transmission as it had several components found only on MT vehicles (according to the FSM). These were all disconnected but still bolted onto the throttle body and thermostat housing.

It does indeed, it goes through into the chamber. Sort of an odd place for a vacuum fitting being all the way over in one of the intake ports. All the other vacuum fittings are in the main plenum chamber. Any intake manifold that I have seen does not have a hole there or kinda sort looks like it is plugged with a bolt or something, but I cant find any really solid photos of that spot.