HybridZ

questions about first MS install

mattb3562

The two most popular schematics that I've found on wiring the stock 82 dizzy to MS1v3 is as shown...but what I have coming out of the distributor is a white, black, green, and red wires. I bought the DIY harness with the twisted pair coming off of pin 24. Can anyone tell me exactly which wires connect to the dizzy? I think the red will go to 12v switched...white to white (out of the pair) with an inline 1k resistor and then tied to my red 12v wire. Does black wire out of the twisted pair connect to black on dizzy or with the white? I've run a seperate ground for the dizzy to go to chassis ground. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Also, after doing some more digging, the fsm shows the colors on Moby's writeup to be right and mine to be other than factory. Maybe a replacement, I don't know. This guy had the same problem in 2005, that a few chimed in on,but doesn't show what came of it. Does this one ring a bell to anyone? ...Tony?... Help? :)http://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/105372-82-cas-sensor-wiring-megasquirt.html

loy makes a point, indirectly.  You can look at the position of the wire in the connector plug to convert your colors to the diagram colors.  There's a drawing of the plug in the 1982 FSM, Electrical chapter, EL-32.

So.....just to be absolutely sure....I can run a

12v supply to red

White wire out of shielded pair to white

Solder in 1k in the white wire and tie back into red

And tie black wire from dizzy to shielding and run both to chassis ground?

All this and not use black wire in twisted pair or green from dizzy?

I really appreciate the help fellas, as I just wanna do it right before any major woes occur. Lol