HybridZ

1981zx dizzy ignition module wiring

I think my ignition module went bad, car has no spark beyond the coil. The engine was breaking up at higher rpms earlier and had no power. Now it's dead

Anyway, swapped out with an extra module I had, that I was not sure of it's condition, and nothing, 

so I ordered a new module.

My question is for the green and red leads that come from the dizzy that connect to the module. I couldn't see that there was any certain way or specific hole they went in. is it possible to get them crossed, and if so, which wire goes where?

It will probably make a difference.  The voltage from the pickup coil will be rising instead of falling at the proper point in rotation.  You'll still get spark but the timing will be retarded and jumpy.  If so, just swap them.  That's how the GM module works anyway, from the same basic principles.

Have you checked resistance of the pickup coil.  The ZX magnet is fragile and tends to break.  The test procedure inthe FSM is pretty well-detailed, if you haven't been there yet.  Air gap adjustment and other tests described.

Alright, Ill fess up, I'm a dumb ass and forgot to reinstall my rotor. The problem still exists that started this in the first place,

Engine has no power in the higher rpms. Every other facet of running is normal. great idle, great cruise, but WOT at higher rpm is sad.

It almost sounds like I'm running out of gas, but pressure is good and all filters were changed. The pump is pretty new(running RX-7 pump), but haven't tested it for volume.