HybridZ

280zxt manifold on 280zx

Clashez

• 2 weeks later...

There were 3 kinds of steering available for ZX's. Manual, power assisted, and recirculating. The last two are both power steering, and have a better ratio than the manual. 

The worst kind of steering (space saving wise) is the recirculating, because it has this big stupid black box thing on the fender. This is an issue when you use a turbo because if gets in the way.

I have manual steering an don't find it hard at all to turn. 

There were 3 kinds of steering available for ZX's. Manual, power assisted, and recirculating. The last two are both power steering, and have a better ratio than the manual. 

The worst kind of steering (space saving wise) is the recirculating, because it has this big stupid black box thing on the fender. This is an issue when you use a turbo because if gets in the way.

I have manual steering an don't find it hard at all to turn.

Not on the fender but is this the box you speak of

IMG070.jpg

Yeah I don't know why I said fender, but that's the recirculating ball steering. Gollum I don't think they all came like that, I parted an 81 out and it had regular power steering. 

Good to know!

I also just remembered.... I swapped a L28ET into a '81 with recirculating ball.... Not fitment issues.

EDIT: Just remembered I swapped the steering over, simply because I could since I had a whole donor car. Sorry. My memory must be slipping lately.

Edited by Gollum