HybridZ

Arizona Z Experiences??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anyone out there have any experiences working with Arizona Z?

I am considering the purchase of his rust-free 8/73 260Z.

I am also considering Dave's full road race suspension system and having him build

a L28 T3 hybrid turbo with Dave-Jection fuel injection control system.

How does that suspension run on the street? I have heard it is rough due to the

spherical bearings?

Any experiences with the Dave-Jection system??

Also any comments on the need for the damper pully?

Do you think this is a good setup for a strong street car?

Here is a parts list.

8/73 Z-CAR $1650

COMPLETE ROADRACE SUSPENSION

WITH BRAKES $5200

R-200 4.38 LSD $750

CLUTCH KIT $99

STEEL FLYWHEEL $279

TURBO OIL-PUMP $49

ALUM. OIL-PAN $375

ALUM. RADIATOR $349

BILLET PULLY SET $299

NEW CON-RODS $120

dished PISTONS .040 over $220

BODY KIT: F&R GT BUMPERS,

SKIRTS, WHALETAIL $800

IGN. MODULE $79

TURBO COIL $21

REUPHOLSTORY KIT $169

RUBBER SEAL KIT $249

SWAY-BAR KIT $279

L-28 BLOCK $225

TURBO EXHAUST MANIFOLD $125

P-90 HEAD $225

NON-EMISSION INTAKE $75

TURBO INJECTORS $350/SET

INJECTION PUMP $169*

HYBRID TURBO $650

5 SPD TRANS $250

FUEL-INJECTION CONTROL UNIT

(DAVE-JECTION) $469

REBUILD BLOCK & HEAD

APPROX $500-$600*

PARTIAL PROJECT ASSEMBLY

IF REQUIRED $?*

I WILL INCLUDE RACK BUSHINGS,

STEERING COUPLER, MUST. BAR,

DIFF MOUNT, MUSTACHE BAR BUSH.,

REAR A-ARM BUSH.,

and TRANS-MOUNT BUSH(IF POSSIBLE)

WILL ALSO INCLUDE AIR CLEANER

TOTAL AS LISTED = $13775

PACKAGE WITH ABOVE ITEMS $13500

skip the "dave jection" and go SDS.

use a 240sx Tbody-

i have one for $80

between Mike Kelly here and myself you can get the equivalent suspension and brakes for a LOT less

the car and the diff are good prices but the rest??????????

Lawrence,

ditto what scca said about the SDS and suspension/brakes. In addition, I have some observations that I find a little troubling.

- You do not want a 4.38:1 diff with a turbo. Understandable maybe if there was a hairy cam and other things to support high RPMs, but that is N/A mentality.

- I question $279 for a steel flywhel but only $99 for a clutch kit. That has to be backwards, else you will be changing out that cllutch in a week. Find a good stock 240mm flywhel and have it turned and invest in a top quality clutch kit.

- Aluminum oil pan, $375. Put that money into something KEY like a top-quality I/C, DP and 3" exhaust

- If you building a strong turbo engine, what pistons are you getting for only $220 and why +.040?

Good luck, but there are lots of folks on here who have been that route and can really help guide you to the best setup. We enjoy spending other people's money :D:D

I believe I have the AZZcar suspension on my '77 280Z. I don't know for sure, since it was on the car when I bought it, but, looking at the pics, it looks identical to what I have on there now...

At first I thought the ride was a little too stiff for my taste (and that was coming from a 2" lowered DSM), but after having owned it for a month I've come to appreciate the suspension a bit more and have decided against replacing it with a more of a stock type suspension.

1st off let me say that the Arizona Zcar suspension parts are BOMB PROOF Chromoly steel units and they are well engineered. The ONLY complaint anyone has ever had about them is that they are a PITA to setup on a machine or at the track. You must unbolt each heim joint pickup point to adjust it for alignment, which can take some serious time and money (On an alignment rack or in the pits). If you already have them, my advice is to keep them. If you don't, then look at other alternatives!

Mike Kelly 2thumbs.gif

I can say from experience dave is very trust worthy. i have his radiator, coilover kit, chromoly arms,

The only thing i didnt like was the front arms require drilling of the engine member for bigger arm bolts. the TC rod also have no bushings so it makes for a loud and rough ride. I dont think there is any weight reduction in using his arms but they have to be stronger. and they look so racey. rockon.gif

stony

Guest ShelbyZ

I am guessing the steel flywheel you are talking about is the "lightened" flywheel. A friend of mine bought the lightened steel flywheel and has no complaints. He did have to take it to a machine shop and have it turned. I think machine work was about $30. I have the Centerforce flywheel from MSA and have no complaints.

Another friend just bought a flywheel from Fidanza. It weighs like 9lbs. He hasn't installed it yet, but it sure looks pretty sitting in the box.

Keep ZZZZZZing

ShelbyZ smile.gif