HybridZ

diy methonal injection

softopz

I searched this forum and found nothing on methanol . I am thinking about a methonal injection setup having ms2 control through the spare ports or LED. 

I guess the steps required are modifying the board to drive a relay. --> to methonal pump --->windshield washer reservoir---> high compression hose and nozzle and ofcourse programming MS at which variant. Just wondering if anyone has done this with ms2?

I want a reliable kit DIY instead of dishing out on a kit $300+

My only concerns is reliability on pump and system, what pumps should I be looking for? I read people using windshield washer pumps rated at 40psi (i would think I need more than that)

Also what size of nozzle should I use.

My car is l28et, stock rebuild, ms2 edis stock turbo 3" exhaust 440cc injectors I plan running 17 psi with methanol.

try e-bay for water injection kits, i got mine for 185$ from a cooling mist auction.

as for DIY maybe you could use a electric fuel pump?? and a relay. You could use a holley fuel jet for a nozzle, but thats just guessing....

280zx How do you like your cooling mist kit? Which one did you get the stage 1? How much boost are you running and power are you making. Also when is it injecting methanol?

Yes the stage1 kit WITHOUT the tank, and perfect for the price. There is an adjustable pressure switch you plumb inline with a boost signal, and adjust for the boost pressure you want it to activate. My system starts spraying at 5lbs boost. My max boost is 20lbs.

I installed a small coolant overflow bottle as my meth tank, and it is too small. I would suggest atleast a 1 gallon tank with a big enough opening to easily add ice!!

I dont know how much power I am making due to the fact that I keep braking drive train parts ;-(

I also dont use the methanol mixed washer fluid like every body says is ok.   why???  Methanol is corrosive to aluminum, so I mix rubbing alcohol with filtered water 50/50.....

This is the best $$ I have spent on a water spray kit, and I like it!!!!