HybridZ

What are these hoses for?

EDIT: I don't need a heater where I live and I want to remove the heater hoses.  I will be plugging up the water pump and intake side with plugs, but I don't want to go through the trouble of removing the heater core to unplug the hoses inside.  Can I just cut the hoses close to the firewall and plug them wtih something?  If so, what's the best way to cut stainless braided hose? Dremel?  Any tips on what to use to plug up the hoses?

Thanks!

Can someone tell me what these hoses are for?  The arrow pointing left is a hose that goes into the firewall and connects to the intake manifold.  The arrow pointing down is a hose that goes into the firewall and into the water pump.  Any help appreciated. Thanks!
IMG_0618_zpsc226adcf.jpg

Edited by Wilson_WWSC

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone comment on the effect of removing the heater core from the cooling system? I've read that it actually makes it less effective.

Any truth to this?

I would say this is true. I mean; more surface area = more cooling capacity. Thats why it helps to turn on the heat when your car is overheating.

Will you notice a difference? More than likely, no.  I bypass my heater core in the summer to keep all the heat out of the cab that I can. I don't see any issues. My fan might run more, but it could be because its 100*? Haha, just do it.