HybridZ

Wheel bolts removal?

Hey guys! need a little help on how to remove the wheel bolts on the rear wheels on my 280zx, now, I only need to remove and change out 2 on the rear driver side thankfully. I've already taken off the brake calipers, rotor and the dust cover for the rotor to clear up some space. Now im pretty sure, life would be easy if i could just hammer out the bolts with a mallet, BUT there isnt a efficient space to pull out the bolts and slide in the new ones believe by looking at it, at the same time i dont want to jump to the final conclusion of taking off most of the wishbone assembly and see what i can do from there. Is there a specific way to remove them? And once i do remove them, is there a tool i should use to press in the new bolts? I could really use the help guys! ive look through the technical threads and search bar and nothing popped up for what im looking for. Thanks guys!

Hey guys, sorry to say, but i couldnt find anything about the S130 stud removal :icon50: , i did find people doing 5 lug swaps, but rotor changes, but no specific way to remove the studs, ill keep searching :icon55: , but if you guys can help, it'll be really great. Thanks guys :icon7: .

If you rotate the hub so the stud is at the 6 o'clock position standard length studs should clear the control arm. I managed to get extra long studs in mine by grinding a small notch (maybe 1 - 2mm) in the control arm where they were just touching.

• 3 months later...

I pulled off my hub when I had to do this last month. Then, because they're just press fitted, popped it out with a hammer. Make sure your bearings stay clean and if they don't, regrease 'em. Mine squeaks because I didn't have grease to reapply after wiping some grass off.