HybridZ

Dyno day today

Put up or shut up, and never stop having fun; the first post after a dyno chart should be a timeslip!  Eager to see another turbo build, but don't get stuck in the garage while the weather is nice and the tracks are open.  How many weeks we got before the first snow, SunnyZ?

Put up or shut up, and never stop having fun; the first post after a dyno chart should be a timeslip!  Eager to see another turbo build, but don't get stuck in the garage while the weather is nice and the tracks are open.  How many weeks we got before the first snow, SunnyZ?

Yall are just going to make me go to the track this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

You sure as hello need to get on that turbo. I broke that driveshaft running piss-weak 7.2s. I was surrounded by boosted Mustangs running 5.3 to 5.8 carrying the wheels 3/4 down the track. If I could settle on drag racing ONLY, I would so do a SRA swap like you and get me some boost. Felt like the slowest car at the track. Shame I want to road race/ autocross the car too...will keep me mediocre at all...

You sure as hello need to get on that turbo. I broke that driveshaft running piss-weak 7.2s. I was surrounded by boosted Mustangs running 5.3 to 5.8 carrying the wheels 3/4 down the track. If I could settle on drag racing ONLY, I would so do a SRA swap like you and get me some boost. Felt like the slowest car at the track. Shame I want to road race/ autocross the car too...will keep me mediocre at all...

Mine handles fine I could do autocross. But Im more of a highway racer against loudmouths. Kinda like the ws6 that was trying to show off for his girlfriend last weekend. He wasnt happy I let off a couple times so he could catch up.

The numbers to me mean absolutely nothing without the data. Matter of fact, the data is ALL I care about. The Data tells me how, when and where to apply the power.

For example, In my dyno thread we noticed how we could gain .9 sesonds, POINT NINE from 2000-6000 RPM. That in a roadrace environment means the world. Not having the data to see what works and what didnt means everything. Power numbers??? I will pass, thanks.

The numbers are kind of the point, no?

While comparing numbers from different dynos can be somewhat pointless (or even ones from the same dyno at different times of year), using one dyno consistently to tune the numbers up is the whole point. So, while you may focus on the A/F and knock/timing, the numbers respond directly.

But yeah, without an A/F readout you're just guessing.

I think you said your vacuum port was open? Does that mean that your dyno day data was invalid? I bet that cost some power....love to see your new numbers. Go spend $500 on a dyno session just to satisfy my curiosity? Autocross is a blast in a wheelbarrow! But, I find different stuff broken afterward than I do drag racing.