HybridZ

Need some opinions

"Pharaohabq: Thanks for the more encouraging words."

"Here man, taste somma this, naw man FREE! It's cool, no charge, no pres-sha! You don't have to...

But take a little taste, it won't hurt...

Nobody got hooked from one little taste, now did they?

C'mon, don't be square...take a dare! Try some, it's good for your hair!"

"Pharaohabq: Thanks for the more encouraging words."

"Here man, taste somma this, naw man FREE! It's cool, no charge, no pres-sha! You don't have to...

But take a little taste, it won't hurt...

Nobody got hooked from one little taste, now did they?

C'mon, don't be square...take a dare! Try some, it's good for your hair!"

Shhhh! Tony you're going to scare him off!     

No Really, I don't think we have to worry, he's already up to two cars, it's only a matter of time before he buys more Z's.  He's already hooked. :wink:   

Rturbo has got it right, both look like good candidates at this point.  Both need similar work.  It's really your choice on these. The 280 has the bigger engine, and is fuel injected. It's arguable if that's better than the Carbs or not, but  the 240  was the original S30, and a lot of people like them better for a number of reasons.  

One thing I didn't mention about these as not to scare you too badly.  These are both NOT GOING TO BE CHEAP to fix.  The rust on the rear arches should require panel replacement. assuming the inner arches are okay, on the cheap side, I've found those panels for ~100 bucks each. the inner arches are a lot more, ~150 each.  then you have to get them welded in.  that's free it you DIY, or upwards of $1000 to have a shop put them in.  Then you have finishing, filling primer and paint.  that's still just for those arches. A full paintjob could easilly run 2 grand.  On top of that you've got to get an engine running, brakes, clutch.  Who knows how long these have sat either. The Fuel could be all gummed up in the tank, Rust, blocked lines.  There's a lot of issues which can take time to fix and $$$ to fix. As always if you do the work yourself its going to be cheaper.  These cars are 35+ years old so you know parts aren't going to be cheap. Though if you don't mind used parts, all is good.  So if you're still hooked on the Z cars then You're going to have a great time, just try to budget and do one project at a time.

Wish I had $ and room for that 240...

Phar