HybridZ

Progress report and advice

Ok so Ive finally been able to set aside some time to working on the car again (been down for awhile now) I just got done with a silvermine rear brake upgrade, TTT rear LCA's, "rebuilding" my r200 vlsd installing a bunch of needed gauges, installing a fast 92mm COMPLETELY redoing my fuel system, installing a 10 gallon fuel cell, new tune, new melling oil pump, 92mmTB and LS2 MAF, new 42lb injectors and a bunch of other crap i cant remember right now.. oh wait and a dual 3" exhaust system that im still working on

CB87843C-FC5D-4AAF-9C7D-6BE91A6BECD7-118

D4BD8021-FBB0-4197-8499-0136D3D8CFD4-118

B9733162-4B35-4B2C-89A9-5CF21B9FADE1-118

96D66532-5F27-48B0-B915-D0E839A6B5B2-118

18A3FCC2-2438-4A5D-908B-27D88D7A1A17-118

3F65CF42-558C-44F6-A352-84DFF858A70A-118

634837EC-0512-47D7-845F-CCE8781BD04D-118

Soooooo i figure while i have it on the stands i will continue to address any other issues i have with it at this time. The one thing that has always bugged me about the this car is the way the previous owner slapped together the cooling system and intake setup.. I mean it looks like complete shit..

E6973137-2686-40E2-A6CD-B129BFEBF41B-118

7B804345-50C2-454B-ADED-21462BF781FA-118

838498DE-4BD0-45F8-91C3-35B0C18200C5-118

So basically i need all you guys to pull toegther and just do this for me lol no seriously i know there are alot of threads with a bunch of different info here and there but if you guys can throw out part numbers, suggestions, photos of what you have that works im all ears. As you can see i need a good cold air system, a better way to plumb the radiator hose and possibly some good fans mounted BEHIND the radiator.. thanks in advance

Edited by CrayZ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brakes, fuel system and intake look awesome! What fittings did you use for the pumps? I used some Russell 10mm x 8an but the 10mm side is not a tapered thread like a NPT. I just teflon taped the crap out of them and screwed em in as far as I could. Hopefully they won't leak, is that what you are running?

I don't have any experiance (yet) on the radiator or cai. I did just order a LS swap radiator from Speedway.

I'll be watching!

I would say you could build your own intake out of one of those assortment of randomly shaped inter-cooler piping pieces and reducers . If it were me i would rout it to the pass side of the radiator where the original floor air vents passed through the rad support to the inner fender well. As for the Radiator, maybe retro-fit a radiator from another car with the inlet/outlet on opposite sides. A 240sx aluminium radiator is set up like that, but is like 2 inches to wide to sit between the frame rails, but another car might have an easier fit. All depends really on how much you want to spend. 

I just looked at my Speedway Motors order and realized I ordered the 26" x 19" radiator part# 917340-26  . Anyone want to guess how wide the subframe is at the core support? 26" I doesn't matter cars are stupid anyway I'm gonna sell all this bs and take up knitting (bad car day).

I'll let you know about the fit and quality on Wednesday

Thanks! if i remeber correctly im running the 10mm -8an fittings for the pumps. I covered them in teflon tape as well and have no seen any leaks from them so you should be ok.

AN fittings don't need any sealer.... in fact you might make them leak if you use some.

Depending on what you want to spend on a radiator, HOWE radiators is about the best bang / buck there is.  $350 for a custom to your specs radiator.

For the intake, go to siliconeintakes.com , and go wild.  

Here is mine: all 4", with a truck MAF

SDC10088.jpg

From my limited experience, you WILL have a fuel leak somewhere.

I used JTR cold air system. Had to enlarge hole in radiator support for tubing to pass thru. I retained the LS2 elbow from the donor car to make placement of my crank case vent system easy. Putting this all together consumed a full weekend.

Cheap Champion 3-core radiator from eBay. Came with two fans and an aluminum shroud. (You really shouldn't need anything fancy).

Yeah no worries with the leaking Dave. The 10mm input side to the pump doesn't leak at all. I had more trouble chasing leaks from the male-female fittings. I guess I can just go nuts with the silicone boots and build my own setup. I didn't see a "kit" on the JTR website though.. Am I missing something? Sunny what degree bend is that steel tube you have?

I like those radiators you guys posted all if them look to be of good quality. I really want a dual fan setup as I feel my single fan can barely keep up.. For some reason it is wired to stay on all the time and it barely is able to keep it under 220 sitting still.

Yeah no worries with the leaking Dave. The 10mm input side to the pump doesn't leak at all. I had more trouble chasing leaks from the male-female fittings. I guess I can just go nuts with the silicone boots and build my own setup. I didn't see a "kit" on the JTR website though.. Am I missing something? Sunny what degree bend is that steel tube you have?

Its a 90* 4" elbow. Aluminum, not steel also.  Silicone is the way to go.

Edited by SUNNY Z

Thanks sunny. The VLSD was already installed when I bought the car. However I have taken it down and apart multiple times since I've owned the car and replaced everything south of the transmission. Once you figure out the correct spacing for the axles it's a breeze. With all the correct parts IE. TTT LCA's/diff mount/mustache bar/dog bone& drop mounts/ MM axles etc. everything just slides right in. After I get the TTT diff mount in this weekend I have to try and losen up the E-brake cable as my wheels are locked up after the silvermine/mustang rear caliper swap (not a whole lot of room for adjustment, hope I installed the cable correctly.) Than its a full 3" dual system and trying to figure out how I'm going to fit these massive magnaflow mufflers under the car.

F2E1B7E3-610B-4262-977C-8B47B9B3EEAC-323

BC541CDC-C751-43F1-A512-92CE153D32F0-503

Edited by CrayZ