HybridZ

Broken driveshaft-hoping to learn a lot from repair

RebekahsZ

After missing several deliveries while at work and driving 30 miles to the nearest FedEx I got a UPS box five minutes from home. Not expensive. 

New driveshaft shipped while I was out of town and manufacturer marked it signature required so instead of arriving on Friday for Sat install, I have to wait to Monday to receive it. Ahhhhh!!! Another month without autocrossing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neighbor received driveshaft. Wanted to install it today but can you believe that for $607 they didn't paint the damn thing? Why do I continue to deal with US companies??? It's a meatie looking piece, though. Should be hard to break. Heavy. Slip yoke is a work of art.

OK, it has a light dusting of paint-but you can see right thru it. I'm re-painting it anyway. Found some 10mmX1.25 grade 10.9 bolts and some 10mmX1.25 grade 10 nuts at Autozone. Internet says that grade 10 nuts are the same grade as 10.9 bolts (said it on the internet so it must be true). The bolts have no shank (threaded to the head), but oh well. The flange is not the one that they told me it was, so I get to change the pinion flange (again) and I have one that will work. The 3in tube is very tight, I think it is the largest tube I think I would try to fit inside the 240z tunnel. Hoping to put it to the test on Friday night, but I've gotten home at around 9pm every night this week so far. The weight of this thing makes me want to make my cage out of chrome-moly. Will see what the cost difference is.

post-5903-0-07605900-1376452065_thumb.jpg

post-5903-0-30111900-1376452105_thumb.jpg

post-5903-0-54457500-1376452128_thumb.jpg