HybridZ

My new custom BOLT IN roll bar/half cage setup

I recently sold my Autopower roll bar and  had my friends over at SAE motorsports in Oceanside CA build me this utilizing the front mounting points on the fender well and a cool cup that bolts to the strut towers and connects all the points..

What do you all think?

IMG_0475_zpsa0dfe97f.jpg

z7te.jpg

dxy4.jpg

yw0n.jpg

yqc3.jpg

2i96.jpg

49gw.jpg

ki7c.jpg

Edited by SDgoods
  • Like 1

Since it is made from scratch, I suppose they need customer car present to bend it up? Or did they take measurements from yours and can reproduce it without a car present?

I can find out but for a tight and clean fitment depending on how intricate you want the bar it would probably be easiest for them to have the car. Ill find out and let you know

Looks nice.

Since you had the Autopower bar before, what didn't you like about it that you had a new one built. I ask because I have a Autopower roll bar just like your old one that I haven't installed yet.

ritrebor

I didnt like how close it sat to my head in my bride seat that leans a little further back than most. The new bar sits slightly farther back but doesnt sit as high. Its also just designed a lot better as the autopower only bolts up to the fender wells while the new one utiliZes the strut towers, a bar between them, and an extra diagonal bar from the strut tower to the main hoop.