HybridZ

Time for the 5.3 to get some more power

What kind of anti squat are you shooting for with your 4 link? I would imagine you would want a lot for a drag car. On my Sunbeam I got it pretty close to 0 so the back wouldn't really move up or down under acceleration, but I would think for best straight line traction you would want the back to rise up as much as it can.

• 3 weeks later...

Got an update for you ladies and gents. The axle is narrowed 7"s 3.5"s from each side. Still have to do the frame rails to connect the backhalf to the front frame rails. Also have to modify the rails for the seats doesnt give me enough room just yet but it will.

post-30741-0-87533300-1383433527_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-55075400-1383433550_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-28330900-1383433564_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-69392500-1383433574_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-65825700-1383433594_thumb.jpg

Edited by mattd428

Haven't ordered one yet. Maybe 2" chromoly.

Antisquat is how much the rear end rises(good for traction) and squat is how much the rear end squats (bad for traction) in a straight axle car. It has a good bit to do with the differences in lengths of the bottom arms vs the top arms, among other things. Drag racers usually go for a high antisquat number to maximize traction. There are some calculators online to figure it out so you can move the arms around as much as you're able to package in the vehicle to get closer to the best setup for your goal. Handling guys try to get it as close to 0 so there is as little weight transfer back there as they can get.

Got an update for you ladies and gents. The axle is narrowed 7"s 3.5"s from each side. Still have to do the frame rails to connect the backhalf to the front frame rails. Also have to modify the rails for the seats doesnt give me enough room just yet but it will.

Excellent job sir. I like it.

http://www.raceglides.com.au/files/fourlink-ladderbar-tips.pdf

Here's some good reference on 4 link. There used to be a good website by Billy Shope that explained setups for different uses. Start on page 3 and it will explain antisquat better than I'm able to, but basically over 100% antisquat tries to force the wheels into the ground which makes the back of the car rise. When I made mine I put a few holes in the rear bracket. I ended up having to try a few different combinations of top and bottom holes to get it to keep almost level at all times. ( I was going for handling.)

• 1 month later...

Sorry if I missed it, but why did you decide to back half the car? What didn't work with the first SA 8.8 setup? What is the total length of the narrowed rear end? What did the housing originally come out of?

To many questions?  :icon47:  haha