HybridZ

Tokico no more, Coilovers setup for Illuminas. Now what?

I've read that in 2009 Tokico stop production of its shocks. I sectioned my struts for tokico Illumina mr2 and 240z strut inserts. I am running ground control coilovers. Anyway, since tokico stop producing shocks and will soon make illuminas 240z and mr2 scarce, is there an alternative shock of equal or better quality? I like the koni race strut inserts, but measurement is different. Is there a way I can make these work even though my struts are modified and sectioned for Tokico illumina. Is there a way I can lengthen and shorten them any further for another in production quality strut insert (shock)?

Edited by brianZortiz

Tokico stopped research and development on shocks for new model vehicles in 2009.  They are still manufacturing the existing line of shocks but they production levels are low and they are having distribution problems here in the US.

John is correct.  They will need to find a new master distributor (former one went bankrupt after they handed off all distribution to them) and place new orders for product from Japan.  Not sure on the product lead times but figure 3-4 months. Probably back to semi-normal by the end of the year or early 2014 if everything plays out.

• 3 weeks later...