HybridZ

Rota RBR with spacer hitting fender arches when turning

I have searched a bit trying to find the reason my tires are hitting the front lip when I turn. I have RBR 16x8 +4 with 225/50 tires running a +25mm spacer. I figure its similar to running the RBR 17x9 wheels. So it obvious why it hits, but what is the solution? I have the ZG flares so I want to keep the spacers. The tension rod bushings have seen better days as well. I noticed the the rear of the tires do not get as close, leaving about an inch when turned. Could the bushings be that bad? If not would pulling the wheels back 3/4" reduce caster too much? I have also thought about increasing track with an S13 cross member and removing the spacer to try to combat this problem.

Edited by winstonusmc

I want to keep the spacers to fill up the fenders. And for that link let me explane. 8 inch wheels are 203mm wide. With +4 offset that is 98mm from hub to edge. Add my 25mm spacer, thats 123mm from hub to edge. Take the 9.5 wheel, which is 241mm wide. With the -19 offset it is 140mm to edge. So the 9.5 would stick out 17mm more than mine.

8" wheels are actually not 203mm. That measure is bead to bead, they are really 9" wide (or close to that) lip to lip. 

Anyway I saw that you know your tc rods are pretty much toast. Is it only rubbing right at the front of your airdamn? and does it happen when you are going in reverse or forward or only when you brake? Your TC rods could just have too much play in them causing your caster to go whacky under certain conditions (turning hard and braking etc..)

Are you running any camber? what kind of suspension are you running?

It's very common to have rubbing on the front valance/spoiler with wide wheels and tires. 8" wide wheels or wider will have some rubbing at performance oriented camber setting and a lowered car. Trim the valance and the spoiler.

It's very common to have rubbing on the front valance/spoiler with wide wheels and tires. 8" wide wheels or wider will have some rubbing at performance oriented camber setting and a lowered car. Trim the valance and the spoiler.

Wouldnt happen to have any pictures/examples of people who have done this by any chance would you?