HybridZ

Tow hook?

jkgts1

Hey guys for some reason when i do a search for "tow hook" or "tow point" i get zero results. Anyway ive been reading that the factory "tow points" are actually hold down points for transport. So, im a little reluctant to use this as a tow point. Im affraid that if i dont get a straight pull, that i might bend the chassis. What are some thoughts on this? What is everyone using and how is it working? I mainly want to use it to winch up into the trailer if needed and incase i get squirly at the track and need to be pulled out.

That sounds correct; however, I believe the front hooks may be the same for either application.  I'd recommend calling to ZCC just to make sure.  

(As an FYI, I ordered the 280Z hooks for my late '74 260 and they're quite nice...very sturdy and fit fine.)

P.S.  If they're out of stock, these are nothing that you couldn't fab your self out of some decent flat bar and angle iron.

Edited by jhm

I have a question regarding which hooks I would order from ZCCJDM for an early 74 260Z?  I am assuming the mounting would be the same as the 240Z but I could be wrong?

That sounds correct; however, I believe the front hooks may be the same for either application.  I'd recommend calling to ZCC just to make sure.  

(As an FYI, I ordered the 280Z hooks for my late '74 260 and they're quite nice...very sturdy and fit fine.)

P.S.  If they're out of stock, these are nothing that you couldn't fab your self out of some decent flat bar and angle iron.

The tow hooks for the 240Z and 280Z are different. We learned that the hard way. Somehow we ended up with the 280Z type and it won't fit the 240Z so I made my own. The difference seems to be related to the changes for safety bumper fitment. Since the 260Z had both you should look at the bumper mounts to very which type your car has. A call to the supplier is a good idea as well.

post-4054-0-97145100-1376538673_thumb.jpg