HybridZ

Lower spring : one spring is shorter then other.

My buddy give me what he claim can fit into my 280z 76 . 4 tokico lower spring. The 2 in the back is same length and shorter - of course. However the 2 in the front is not same length, one is 1 coil longer than other - front . Is it because PO wanted to counter his weight ??? What if I cut the long one to the same size as the other? Or PO found that one spring has weaker spring rate thats why he gave it longer length. Thanks.

Springs on the same end should be the same length.  If you were building a spec full-time race car that might not be the case as they would be adjusted for specific corner weights and the type of track the car is being run on.  A street car, however, should not have different lengths.  i'd be highly suspicious of the springs with one being shorter.  That might be why you got them for free.

Cutting a spring makes it stiffer. Maybe one side sagged more than the other. I'd cut them even with a cutoff wheel (not a torch) and put them in and not worry about it. If you're not racing, it doesn't really matter if your spring rate is 20 lbs different on one wheel or if one corner sits 1/2" higher than the other.

Are you sure they're 280Z springs?  Are they progressive or straight rate?  One coil is a lot.  Look for numbers on them.  5022 is the 280Z number.  If a coil was cut it would be obvious since the factory bends the final coil to fit the seat.

They might be 280Z coils that someone cut to use in a 240Z.  Documented on Hybtidz somewhere.

Here- http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/88025-installing-tokico-280z-hp-springs-in-a-240z/

Are you sure they're 280Z springs?  Are they progressive or straight rate?  One coil is a lot.  Look for numbers on them.  5022 is the 280Z number.  If a coil was cut it would be obvious since the factory bends the final coil to fit the seat.

They might be 280Z coils that someone cut to use in a 240Z.  Documented on Hybtidz somewhere.

Here- http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/88025-installing-tokico-280z-hp-springs-in-a-240z/

Yep, now that explain. The spring was in a 240z. 

But can I use it or have to trash it away?