HybridZ

Body kit question, thinking YZ 280 front end with Imsa Rear help

enforcercars

OK, guys have a question for you, I live in Kansas and want my girl to stand out. I have been looking at the JCCJDM Imsa kit with out

g-nose, but really like the reaction research YZ 280. Only problem I have is the YZ 280 rear flares don't seem to have much flare in the back, but hard to make a decision off of pics. Been thinking of doing the IMSA rear with 3 piece spoiler and yz 280 front, any one doing this of any ideas or comments. thanks

Kyle

Yep. They fit my 15x14's pretty well too. If you're picking the flares first based on appearance, you might want to consider doing it the other way around and finding the wheels that you want first. There is just not much available that fills up a 6" flare. I would think even a 315 wouldn't be wide enough, and you'd have to have some crazy offset to get it out to the edge of the flare.

Ok, this is what I am thinking for my 240z

Either body kit from original post above

R230 rear end conversion

Ls2 engine with t56 6 speed

Roll cage built

CCW wheels 17x ? Depending on body kit

My post was to see if anyone on this forum has seen both kits and what they think or imput they can give.

Hope this info can get me some answers thanks guys for any help.

Yep. They fit my 15x14's pretty well too. If you're picking the flares first based on appearance, you might want to consider doing it the other way around and finding the wheels that you want first. There is just not much available that fills up a 6" flare. I would think even a 315 wouldn't be wide enough, and you'd have to have some crazy offset to get it out to the edge of the flare.

Jon,

Do you have the RR YZ280 flares in the rear, or the IMSA? Got any pics?

Thanks,

Pete

I'm going to do my own front end. I've got a good idea how it will end up, but it's complicated. I have to figure out exhaust and splitter, and then I'm going to try and make most of the fenders and the front end myself. Those pics are from the thread where I had started gluing foam to the fenders to try and shape it. I gave up on that idea. It was too hard to shape foam that thick.

Edited by JMortensen

It's a rear Formula Atlantic Hoosier slick. 23.5 x 13 x 15 are the dimensions and I might try the 23.5 x 12 x 15 as both are meant for a 14" rim and I think the 12 might transition better. Yes, V8, and I have an R200 with LSD and Z31T CVs with Chequered Flag Racing 39 spline chromoly stub axles and CV adapters.

My $.02: if you have too much power for the longnose R200, go buy a Ford 8.8 or 9 IRS and put that in and skip all the shortnose hassle. If you do the Ford diffs you have your choice of ratios, LSDs and lockers and spools are all dirt cheap, every local gearshop can set one up, etc. 

Jon, read the whole post, wow, but was wondering Techno Toy Tuning sells there bolt on kit with no mods. I was wondering was you post before they came out with that kit. Seems like you could spend about the same amount of money going either way. I am wanting CV's, disk rears, and coil overs. Now I can buy this whole rear end from a 300zx TT and sell the diff for around 300.00 use the CV's and grab the disk brakes any suggestions, I am starting from scratch and trying to find the easiest route to go by buying parts. My car is the 71 240z thanks for all input. also if it is easier to talk please at anytime give me a call 785-550-6545 really enjoy this forum and want to get going.