HybridZ

NOPI Nationals

deja

I jumped out of character a bit yesterday and went to the NOPI nationals in Atlanta. Our car club had a booth there and I was asked to bring my Z for display purposes. Aside from the ridiculously loud speaker system, the idiotic obnoxious DJ for the burnout and hydraulic demos and the huge caddy SUV with a over the top sound system driving way too many speakers right across the road from us it was a great time. Fortunately they did play a variety of music so it wasn't all bad! The drag racing was only bracket racing so that was not all that exciting but there were some crazy fast tuner cars. The drifting was pretty cool, looks like it would be fun.......if you had a tire sponsor, LOL. The Datsun and Nissan nation was very well represented in the different competions, the car show and the spectator's parking area. There were more Skylines than I have ever seen in one place, tons of GTRs, a cool 510 2 door and a many really nice Z cars. All in all I was glad I agreed to go. I saw cars in the car show and in the spectator parking area that I never see at my usual car shows and cruise-ins. I met a lot of nice people including a few from this board. Oh yeah, there was that bikini contest!!!!