HybridZ

1978 Fairlady 280z value

JSM

LOL . It's just kinda strange to me that Nissan/Datsun introduced 78 S130 and 78 S30 at the same time . I have been in this business for over 15 yrs. , I  haven't seen a new model car and old model car used the same year .

They didn't. S30 280Zs finished up I believe in May of 1978, as that's the latest build date I've heard of (at least in the US), and S130s began production in June, as Tony said.

They didn't. S30 280Zs finished up I believe in May of 1978, as that's the latest build date I've heard of (at least in the US), and S130s began production in June, as Tony said.

I understand that the S130 ( 280ZX ) introduced in late 78 , like most new cars do . But didn't think Nissan would call it a " 1978 " . Like stated earlier , they didn't use "X" in the suffix then sounded like there were 2 78 280Zs in 1978 , one S30 and the other S130 , it seems strange . My understanding is that the S130s are 79-83 model .

Tool shed !

I understand that the S130 ( 280ZX ) introduced in late 78 , like most new cars do . But didn't think Nissan would call it a " 1978 " . Like stated earlier , they didn't use "X" in the suffix then sounded like there were 2 78 280Zs in 1978 , one S30 and the other S130 , it seems strange . My understanding is that the S130s are 79-83 model .

Tool shed !

As has been explained, Japan does not follow the same guidelines for model years as the US. You're trying to apply US practices to a car from Japan, and it just doesn't work that way.

Edited by rturbo 930

Dude, just stop. You have trashed this thread with your ignorance. 

Indeed it's a tool shed candidate NOW.

When my buddy bought his "1978 Fairlady Z---GS31" the dealer laughed saying "They didn't make those then, that was just when it was sold. They stopped making S31's in 1977"

It wasn't introduced in "LATE 78"---introduction in Japan was in DECEMBER of 1977 at the Tokyo Motor Show, with the models freely available in June, 1978 as a 1978 vehicle.

Give it up, you're out of your element. Gain knowledge, please.