HybridZ

Awful squeaking noise from the rear suspension, solutions?

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally fixed my squeaking noise,,,

It turns out that after blaming the spindle pins the whole time, it was actually just me being a retard. I guess I didn't tighten the front passenger inner LCA nut all the way, or it came loose somehow. Either way, I had the whole LCA taken apart and was removing the front diff brace and my hand brushed that big nut on the LCA. It spun just by brushing it! I tightened it down and put everything back together and test drove the car. Bam, noise is gone.

So to any other people who have this problem and are SURE they tightened everything down properly.. CHECK EVERYTHING AGAIN. 

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

herp a derp derp...

Put a little grease on the hatch latch pin and on the rubber bumpers on the side of the hatch that rub on the hatch itself. Hatch squeaking is more common than suspension squeaking. Next, make sure your axles aren't rubbing on the sway bar. I would go there since you had that apart recently. Spray a little spray lubricant on the u-joints and see if that helps.

Thanks for the followup O

So I finally fixed my squeaking noise,,,

It turns out that after blaming the spindle pins the whole time, it was actually just me being a retard. I guess I didn't tighten the front passenger inner LCA nut all the way, or it came loose somehow. Either way, I had the whole LCA taken apart and was removing the front diff brace and my hand brushed that big nut on the LCA. It spun just by brushing it! I tightened it down and put everything back together and test drove the car. Bam, noise is gone.

So to any other people who have this problem and are SURE they tightened everything down properly.. CHECK EVERYTHING AGAIN. 

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

herp a derp derp...

Thanks for the followup with results! Glad you fixed your problem, just in time for winter too!

Well at least you fixed up your spindle bushings in te mean while.

It just shows you how noises transmit around the suspensions on these cars

My thoughts exactly...

I also got a tub o' bushing lube and a new set of poly bushings for my LCA out of the deal haha.

It could have been worse, I was almost to the point of taking it to the shop... That would have been way more expensive and embarrassing.

So maybe I'm not as retarded as I thought I was (or maybe I'm even more retarded haha) but after driving 30 miles my squeak is starting to come back. It only does it on cornering or braking, but not over big bumps or on acceleration like before. Its also not as bad, but its still annoying since I thought it was gone for sure this time!

I'm going to re-check ALL the bolts to make sure they're tight first this time, then maybe start blaming the sway bar for a change... sigh.