HybridZ

G-Machine tension rod pivot Kit... Is this safe?

Just installed the gmachine kit.   The jam nut had plenty of thread but the locking nut only has 4-5 threads of use, its tight and I suppose the jam nut acts as a nice lock but it still scares me a little.

Has anyone else had this issue or is it normal?

pk4a.jpg

I am almost positive that you only use a singular supplied locking nut. You compress the bushing until it is the recommended size using the gapping tool and then you roll the sleeve over the other side over the teflon ball and socket. I will have to go check my car, but I don't remember stacking the nuts like that.

I am almost positive that you only use a singular supplied locking nut. You compress the bushing until it is the recommended size using the gapping tool and then you roll the sleeve over the other side over the teflon ball and socket. I will have to go check my car, but I don't remember stacking the nuts like that.

according to the supplied directons the nut supplied is a jam nut and then you use the stock nut to lock against the jam nut.  Just re-read it to confirm.

If anything Id feel better about it anyway as its locking the jam nut in place.  The jam nut wasnt anywhere near tight enough at the correct adjustment for preload anyway.

Not sure what was up with my dust boot but no way in hell would it fit over the ilip on the chassis so I used a zip tie to hold it there.  

Edited by SDgoods

You have the big washer on backwards. Both nuts fit as you would expect if assembled correctly.

That would make sense!  Although the instructions said the depressed side toward the bushing, but this would definetely give it more room 

thanks!

Hmm, I remember a staked lock nut that came with mine, maybe they changed something at some point.

I followed this link when I did mine.

http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/suspension/comprod/ball&socket/index.htm

I used a hairdryer to heat mine up before folding it over the lip. I had to bring it closer than I thought was necessary before folding to get the whole boot around the lip since it sat at an angle.