HybridZ

motor mount kit for 5.3 ls1 (or who else to use other then JC)

Try calling JCI on the telephone. I have been VERY happy with their customer service, but I am pre-Internet and I think they are too. Their kit works.

Hawks 3rd Gen has started making conversion kits but I have not personally seen it.

I cant find a number for JCI do you have one ??

214-426-4100

zcar@johnscars.com is the email.

To find the LS1 stuff, put "John's Cars Inc + LS1" in your google browser.  For some reason it is really hard to find if you just go to John's Cars Inc then try to navigate to the right place.  By adding LS1 to your search address it takes you right there.

Thank you very much well on my way !!

I bought a set of mounts from these guys and will be attempting to use them...

http://dirtydingo.com/store/index.php?cPath=1_206_305_321

20131108_141117_zps8a27dcb1.jpg20131108_140028_zps1212467b.jpg

I plan to modify the final product once I get the motor locate ideally in the chassis and the mount tabs welded to the frame.  Kit was about $160 shipped.

Mike

Edited by Mikelly

• 2 weeks later...

Check this kit out! Doesn't look too bad. Also they have a youtube vid on it. Once I get closer to my build i'll give em a shot. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-LS1-Engine-T56-Transmission-Mount-S30-240Z-260Z-280Z-GM-LS-LSx-Swap-/161132175158?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

I spoke with whoever runs their facebook page. CXracing is also working on a set of longtubes and a driveshaft for a complete kit. If it fits right, should be a great value. Their 240sx kit with an aluminum oil pan, driveshaft, engine and trans mount, and longtubes is only $1,500. That is a heck of a deal. Their products have been hit or miss though. Someone would have to be the ginea pig.

Motor mount pieces look similar to the kit I'm using that I will be welding in.  For a true bolt in option, their kit is very nice for anyone who doesn't have the ability to fabricate beyond drilling a few holes or grinding off some clearance metal.

Edited by Mikelly

• 3 months later...

Word of caution on the DirtyDingo mounts... You're welding them to the frame rails.  We used an additional backing plate to spread the load out around the frame rails.  Be advised those 35+ year old frame rails are VERY THIN, so welding may cause more challenges.

In hindsight it might be better for most users to go with a bolt in solution.  Just my .02$

Edited by Mikelly

FWIW - been running the JCI mounts for 10 years and 35,000 miles including some hard track time and no issues.  Not sure what the pricing difference between them and others but I do know they work well and have a nice clearance hole on the drivers side to allow work on the steering shaft.

The CX racing products are made in CHINA .Please support AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS. Every kittle bit helps. Either HAWKS or JCI . If longtubes are n your future then HAWKS is your best option with the best headers available.

• Like 1

The CX racing products are made in CHINA .Please support AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS. Every kittle bit helps. Either HAWKS or JCI . If longtubes are n your future then HAWKS is your best option with the best headers available.

I purchased the Hawks kit!!!

But with that said  I have to point out the irony of going off on buy American made parts, on a website solely dedicated to the Japanese Z car LOL!!!!!

Technically all the newer fabricated parts they make are designed here in CA. Not sure what happens after that point, but they have a huge shop here even with 3d printing capabilities for rapid prototyping and a whole herd of development cars. Even do in house development for a lot of racers/drifters. The company in recent years has been doing a lot more than just importing all the same old cheap stuff found all over ebay.

Edited by 1vicissitude

I purchased the Hawks kit!!!

But with that said I have to point out the irony of going off on buy American made parts, on a website solely dedicated to the Japanese Z car LOL!!!!!

Good point and very true. however there is a huge quality difference between China and Japan. (guess I can justify my Datsuns with this excuse LOL)