HybridZ

Mapped my new fuel system!

CJAG

Yes, confusing.

Try to use numbers for the components and then a table with the picture and the number.  Simplify the lines by using a different style of line for the rubber and braided lines.  Also use a different style of line to point to a part. Colors are confusing if you are color blind.

Agreed with above, the pictures are nice, but the routing is a bit confusing.

Also I'm not sure this is the right forum. I think the chevy subforum would be preferred traffic wise.

My initial thought is, that's a lot of gauges.

If I'm reading it right, 350 is carb'd and you are planning on running nitrous? 

In addition based off of the barbs, you are planning on routing rubber line all the way front and back except for right next to the engine? If possible routing aluminum hardline or AN lines would be preferred, from both a safety stand point and a longevity stand point. Most tech people don't like to see long bits of rubber fuel line, especially if it starts at the fuel cell and goes all the way to the front on top of exhaust pipes and stuff.

For the vent line, I would illustrate a coil to indicate that you have at least some roll over protection, or add a roll over valve to the vent line.

Other than that it looks fairly complete, the diameter of the hoses/an sizes would be useful as well as how much power you plan on making.

Thanks for the input, yeah its a little bit confusing the way i drew it up but it was a quick write up. As for the gauges, the Y blocks im using have a gauge port and instead of buying plugs i paid 10 bucks more and got gauges. The autometer gauge i have is to make sure im not losing pressure with the nitrous application. I originally planned on running braided stainless lines throughout but the cheapest I can get it is a 4 bucks a foot. ( I might still do that). As for the vent line, there is a roll over vent built into the fuel cell. Also im running all 3/8 in hose.

3/8 seems big enough from my fuel calculator as long as the nitrous shot isn't a huge amount. If you wanted to go all out you could always run a separate line from that plugged port on the fuel cell, but that would be for something pretty crazy like a 200 shot and a pretty hopped up 350.

I think a roll of 3/8 aluminum line enough for the whole car is like 20$ and 4xAN to 3/8 conversion fitting is another 10$ a piece. I think a roll of 3/8 rubber tube was 35$ so it compares pretty nicely.

• 3 months later...

It's called a fuel cell. Pretty much just a box to hold fuel. Made from a variety of materials, the one shown is aluminum and can range from a rubber bladder to plastic. Usually reserved for more serious builds as you forgo creature comforts such as a fuel filler and such (unless you get a remote filler setup). 

Do a lot of searching and build thread surfing, you will find you can learn a lot on this site. Welcome.