HybridZ

Cabon Fiber Datsun Z Dashes Now Available!!

rc's240z

good questions all here are your responses:

Rick: sorry you got sticker shock, but the issue here is that the Carbon dash is alot more work to lay up because each of the locations where the guages go have to be layed up separately then flange molded into the final dash. It's well over twice the time to make the carbon fiber dash vs the fiberglass dash. hey a carbon hood would cost over $500...if it is too much we always have the fiberglass, it is cool too. If you are looking for a perfect original dash i can recomend a few places to get one. If your looking for a dash that will never crack let me know.

Tim: we can do a colored gel coat let me know what color dash you would like.

Katman: I agree, but ut is perfect for anyone who wants to run there z in several vintage classes and retain the factory look with a weight savings. As far as fit and finnish, IT IS trimmed out to the final diamentions. Our dash bolts up to the factory location, and it would be possible to remount all the factory equipment into it, your on your own for the glove box though..glad you like it.

Mike: thanks, the mold has been very difficult to create!!! I am sure you know first hand how difficult the market is for Datsun Z parts. This is NOT a money making adventure. If I wanted to make money we would be making honda parts, not parts for a 30 year old Z car...

Thanks, John...

RB26Z: no install pictures yet we are looking at an article in Z sport magazine with install information. It should fit, but I don't have a 260 to verify this.

240Z Turbo, it's not the materials, it's the LABOR to make the part. For you guys who are willing spend the money to have something very unique for your Z car the carbon fiber dash is one of those items. 240turbo, sometimes you got to pay to play. Glad you like it...though.

Drax240Z: your correct about the mold. unfortunately the CF dashs will be a limited run, I suspect 10 of the carbon ones total. I doubt that we will go below $650...To build this dash from scratch would cost well over $2000 in labor for the flanged mold alone....

DAW-the dash will look faster?!?!

To all: the CF dash is an 8 section mold in order to look correct, vs. the fiberglass which is a one piece mold. The guys at PDK Fabrication have really worked hard to create cool Z parts at great expense to them...both in time and effort. Remember this when you order your parts....

Ron

Guest Anonymous

speaking of horse trading MiKelly....ill trade a 73 240z for your adjustable suspension arm kit....or if SCCA is reading a 5 lug conversion ft/rr.....i keep dreaming, but hay it never hurts to ask.

later

Mike that is the best compliment you could give us. Thanks....I will talk to the guys at PDK, it's up to them.

Hey have you checked out our triangulated front strut bar set up? I am wondering how that would work with your suspension upgrades.

Ron

Hey I would like to talk to you off line about your experiences with Z sport magazine

Ron, give me a call and we can chat...

540-891-4420

Gearhead240Z I'd be glad to if I weren't in Virginia...Exactly as FAR from California as I can possibly get, except for maybe moving to Keylargo....

Mike

I figured it had to be something with the layup using CF. Its drapability is alot less than that of most woven e-glass of the same weight. However, there are bi-directional knitted cf's that are much easier to form. Although not woven, they retain alot of the physical characteristics of a woven fiber. Hell, it is only a dash so strength is not a real issue. I will have to wait until school starts next week to get some pricing for you, but you can expect to pay in the $30/yard range.