HybridZ

Wiper Arm replacement

• 8 months later...

I was in a jy a while back and there was a nb miata and s30 a few cars apart. I took the miata wipers and put them on the z. They did seem to fit but the wiper blades weren't parallel to the bottom of the windshield, they were up at an angle, so they didn't match the car right. Is that the same problem as the NA wipers?

Most cars have fairly straight arms, but the Z has an angle where the blade attaches. A better fit may  e a rear wiper sunce some of those are offset, but getting the right length and spline will probably be a huge challenge. Something like this  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omix-Ada-19710-06-Rear-Windshield-Wiper-Arm-for-97-02-Jeep-Wrangler-/141371134424?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20ea6051d8&vxp=mtr

• 6 months later...

Hit the send button too doom but here they are. These are 2 driver side wiper arms. They sit a little high at the hinge setting. Gonna keep trying to find something that fits a little better but will probably use these until then dice they're already on.post-37191-0-08347500-1423671046_thumb.jpgpost-37191-0-15393400-1423671080_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

The drivers side works great, but the passenger side has light contact with the window. I'm not sure if its because of the angle it sits or if the arm I got has a bad spring. I haven't got around to swapping them to see if it makes a difference.

• 8 years later...

I've just completed this conversion. I was in the market for wiper arms and stumbled on this thread. Seemed like a good idea. The Mazda Miata NA arms do fit, and include the more modern "J hook" attachment system. This is nice since most wiper blades use this attachment. I found a driver and passenger set on Ebay for $45. The driver side has the odd aero foil. Note that with this conversion, you must use different size blades (at least I did). I used the Bosch blades for both sides.

Driver side = 16" blade

Passenger side = 15" blade