HybridZ

'75 L28 not starting after sitting.

Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum and unfortunately I already have questions! But first, an introduction.

My name is Blake and I'm an avid car guy. My current toy is a Supercharged C6 corvette but I just picked up a clean 1975 280Z as a new project.

My first issue is that it doesn't start. It cranks over fine, has good spark and good fuel pressure, but it seems the injectors aren't spraying. The car has been sitting for 5 to 10 years or more so I'm thinking that the injectors may be clogged up. The fuel was drained before it was stored but I am thinking that perhaps the fuel in the rail and injectors gummed up and now they are clogged.

any ideas or suggestions?

Find out if it was a typical "ran when parked " car or if it was parked because it was dead.  If it was dead when parked, you could waste a lot of time on how to start a an engine that hasn't run for years. 

Use the manual along with the handbook and you should be able to blow through all of the testing you need to do in a day.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/

• 2 weeks later...