HybridZ

What is this crap on eBay that people are pushing?

slownrusty

Did you guys see this baloney:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1859936548

The item description says 280ZX and 300ZX, then further down says only for 1990 and up cars with EFI. So I guess the 280ZX were produced after 1990?

The seller also has "Zero" feedback - so makes you wonder.

I shake my head! puke.gif

Yasin

Originally posted by David Karey:

i bet if you order the kit, itll show up at your door with a 10mm wrench and a peice of paper telling you to turn your distibutor clockwise. :rolleyes:

Actually, it sounds like they are selling a resistor to wire into your temp sensor. Pathetic - charging $5.00 plus the high bid...I wouldn't risk my reputation for such a cheesey mod.

I got a resistor on my temp send unit. It does work but I doubt that it really give you HP, because the EFI will go RPM dependent after certain RPM around 4000rpm. But It allowed me to give more fuel in the lower end. However, more fuel meant bad gas mileage so I don't use it no more.

Originally posted by yo2001:

I got a resistor on my temp send unit. It does work but I doubt that it really give you HP, because the EFI will go RPM dependent after certain RPM around 4000rpm. But It allowed me to give more fuel in the lower end. However, more fuel meant bad gas mileage so I don't use it no more.

Highly questionable it will give you hp. The FI is fairly well optimized for accelleration - add more fuel it gets richer, but no faster. BTW, I doubt very much the fuel delivery is RPM independent after 4000 rpm - if this were true, you'd get lean in one big hurry going to redline. AMAF, the mixture (at least according to my mixture meter rolleyesg.gif ) is flat rich all the way up the rpm and boost range.

Originally posted by SleeperZ:

Highly questionable it will give you hp. The FI is fairly well optimized for accelleration - add more fuel it gets richer, but no faster. BTW, I doubt very much the fuel delivery is RPM independent after 4000 rpm - if this were true, you'd get lean in one big hurry going to redline. AMAF, the mixture (at least according to my mixture meter rolleyesg.gif ) is flat rich all the way up the rpm and boost range.

No really, the AFM goes full open around 4000rpm. After that, it's not measuring anything. And yes, the stock EFI does go to pretty lean fast after 5500-6000rpm. That's according to my A/F gauge and I think that explain alot of torque loss after 5500 rpm. (plus the stock z didn't have enough compression) Are you talking about Mass Air or Air Flow meter??? I think MAF can measure more but still during WOT, the car does't used the MAF anymore, it's just rpm dependent smile.gif The more fuel on the bottom end will give more torque and response. Also, when you are not getting enough fuel on top end, you can give more fuel to get some HP but the resistor is not going to do anything for the topend of the rpm because the EFI is pretty much wide open anyway. (adding fuel pressure will give more fuel on the topend because there are more fuel forced to push out)

The boost is sensed by the FPR. 1psi of boost=1psi of fuel 1:1 vacuum dependent FPR