HybridZ

Ryker's 240z

A little introduction:

My dad and I bought a 1972 240Z in late July 2012.  He was retiring from 35 years in the Army, as well as 13 years after that.  It was to be a Grandfather (him), father (me) and son (Ryker) project.  When I was younger, my dad had a 280x 2+2.  So, I knew we liked the car.  I wanted a 1972, as that was the year I was born.  This particular car was the 1st one we looked at, and we bought it within 24 hours of test driving it.

The previous owner had repainted it the factory orange, but it is a pretty poor paint job.  That's ok.  He did, however put in a L28.  A little extra for the 240z....

Unfortunately, My Dad passed away in early August. 

We had only made a few plans for the car.  I wanted to change the motor.  He wanted to keep the L28.  We are keeping the L28....but will add a turbo.  My son, Ryker, 5, has named the car Roz, from the movie Monsters University.

Now, onto the madness.

post-40752-0-13296400-1388758257_thumb.jpg

The interior and the motor as they were when I got the car.  It came with an L28 from the previous owner.

Brake lines went on as soon as I got the car home.  The Z does not stop anywhere as good as my VW Passat....that will change in the future  :)

• 2 weeks later...

A few updates this week....just more parts coming in.

First is the 8point rollcage from S&W Race cars.  The price was right, shipped fast, and I don't mind welding a bit.  I am not sure that I will put in the front 2 bars, but that will be decided on later.  This is a driver, not a track car, but I still wanted the safety of the bar.

20140114 113441

Next is the BRE carbon Fiber front spoiler with ducting.  This came in from MSA with a lot of replacement rubber/gasket/molding....no pics of the gaskets, as they are kind of boring.

20140115 234919

Also in yesterday was the carbon Fiber hood from Seibon.  I hope to get it test fitted later today.....maybe.  Anyone looking for a good stock hood?  I just might have one for sale soon  :)

20140120 135002

• 1 month later...

A few more parts came in....

Tial WG

Tial wastegate .8 bar

Wilwood 1

Wilwood 1".  I polished it myself.

Front LCA

Front lower control arms and spacers from Datsun Parts, LLC.

CF Headlight Buckets

Carbon Fiber headlight buckets.

T3 RCLA

T3 Rear lower control arms

Synapse BOV

Synapse blow off valve.
Edited by jmarsh

Interested in how the DP LLC parts fit and work.  Looks like they centered the inner mounting points of the link, where the stock configuration has offset bushings.  Seems like they gave the option of using the stock TC rod also.  They look very adjustable though.

• 3 weeks later...

A few more parts to show....

20140313 153030

Retro Spec Carbon Fiber rear finish panel.  This took a while to get, but they kept me informed during the process, so I didn't mind.  Worth the wait, IMO.

20140313 161159

Autometer gauges, Carbon Fiber series.  I have a new Speedo, Tach, boost, oil pressure, and fuel level.  I also have an AEM wideband, but no picture of it.

20140313 155556

Wilwood 4-piston front brake setup.  I also have the 2-piston for the rears.

And finally....

20140313 161723

Precision Turbo PT6262 ball bearing turbo charger.

More later.