HybridZ

If I were to twin turbo my 280....

Chris-280ZX

Lets say I win the lotto. Then lets also say I wanted to twin turbo my 280ZX. My motor now has 220,000 miles on it, and isnt a turbo motor. Would it be cheaper or even possible to rebuild this engine and then TT it, or should I try to find a turbo engine/rebuild and then TT it? Suggestions? Prices? I only have around 1500 bucks at the moment with no job. But ever since I saw the videos from the Montgomery event, I'm dying for some speed. Thanks for your help and opinions!

P.S. I would just call 240Z Turbo (James), but it might be past his bedtime. redface.gif

twin doesn't spool up that much faster since you'll be cutting the cfm in half. (6 ports into one vs. 3 ports into 2) But I guess it'll al depends on how , and what turbos you'll use. James sure was fast. lol. I think he'll be the man you'll need to talk to. I think he'd twin 16G's.

Supra is not a true twin is it? I though it was set up in sequential twin? Or it's it just 3G RX-7 that was set up like that. bonk.gif

You need more money to do what you want to do. You can rebuild your motor, it is the same with the exception of the pistons, which you could replace with turbo one's.

You still need all the turbo electronics, manifold etc.

Turbocharging is a great way to make power, but it is expensive too. If you had seen James setup, you would know that it is not a cheap way to go.