HybridZ

Does this afr table look right?

deuce8ernerozero

I am about to hook up my o2 sensor and start autotuning. I know the lean cruise around 2300 is rich. I plan on tuning that to what the car will tolerate. car is 77 280z n42/n47 stock. tune is based on gavins tune. I've been told the upper right section is accurate and ideal. I have no idea what to do on the lower left except for my idle 13.2 and cruise2300@55mph in 5th gear.

aft.bmp

Edited by deuce8ernerozero

Light load from idle to about 4k can handle stoich to 15.x. Above that I would taper it to 13.5 by 5500 and then levelled at 13.5 to redline. The x depends on what you are happy with and how much your closed loop fuel control wobbles. You say O2, I assume you mean wideband? You can't really do lean burn with a narrowband sensor.

Like this?

I think your 700 column is too rich down lw and your transition from 3200 to 3700 is too sharp. Try tapering it out higher. Your load columns are not very even. I am not sure why you did that but going from 15.0 to 13.3 or so in ~700 rpm is gonna be obvious when driving.

Edited by WizardBlack

I am running a 9.1-19.1 wideband. Its kind of hard to be smooth on a 8x8 table. I made some adjustments. I started out by leaning everythin by .5. The purpose behind that was ethanol afr offset. Im running on no ethanol now. I tried to space things out. I'm going to disable autotune around my idle. It has already been optimised with the map sensor. Keep in mind this is a starting table.

AFR3.bmp

Honestly it's easier to just tune it rather than use an auto tune feature. Even a basic, fundamental understanding of tuning will put you ahead of auto tune algorithms. You already have enough capability to do it. Get a buddy to ride shotgun and hold the laptop up for you. You do your best to modulate throttle to nail the load row dead even and then both of you make mental notes about where to dial it up or down a bit. A little goes a long way once you get close.

Obviously, set your tune a tad lean and let the closed loop dial it toward a richer (yet leaner than stoich) target.

Edited by WizardBlack

I finally got my wideband welded in. I got everything wired up. I calibrated the sensor. I started the car. I was ecstatic. The gauge will not come off of full lean. The wideband controller was DOA. I'm less than happy. dont buy bpsx or apsx widebands guys

Sorry to hear that. I know it can be so aggravating when you are so excited to get rolling and then that sort of thing occurs. Getcha an innovate wideband.

Edited by WizardBlack

• 3 weeks later...