HybridZ

Places in LA to try out after market seats?

gvincent

I am going to be in LA for 2 weeks and since there is no place in New England to go to actually sit in some after market seats I would like to find a couple of places in the LA Area that might have showrooms that have actual seats you can sit in to see how they feel and fit.

I want to buy some seats but can't bring myself to order something online without even seeing if they fit me. and then have to return them

Also I have a 280Z and started the 280Z seat swap list thread years ago here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/88301-280z-seat-swap-list/

If I find something that fits me and then my 280Z I will document and post on the thread I started.

I will be in LA from 2/12/14 to 2/25/14

Thanks,

Greg

Not 100% in LA per say, but not exactly a far drive. http://www.werks2.com/

They have a small show room in burbank with multiple seats out, and if you call in advance and they have a seat in stock they can bring it out to try out. They mostly deal with sparco and bride, and a few momo's. They also carry safety harness, all the mounting gear, and can make the seat brackets. 

Two weeks to go and I'll be in LA anymore suggestions on places to try on seats? I heard there were a couple of warehouse places in a city called La Puente that have large stock and you can view and sit in the seats but nothing specific was mentioned but they are on Craigslist in LA???

• 2 weeks later...

Check this place out. Upgrade Motoring in Northridge.  I was trying to go and look at the autopower roll bars.

Here is the address

• Address: 19355 Business Center Dr, San Fernando Valley, CA 91324
    Phone:(818) 998-6005

Edited by draztik280

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I went and tried the following seats for my 5'9" 232Lb frame and here are my impressions on the seats I was able to check out.

Corbeau, the A4's were a little too tight for me and had poor padding, the LG1's were nice and fit well but probably too wide for the 280Z

(I later got the bottom dimensions off a loose LG1 seat at Ron Millens, the very bottom is 18.25" and between the adjustable knobs is 20.5")

The TRS just had the side bolsters way too high pushing my legs together a bit too tight making my voice a bit higher pitched LOL

I would of like to tried out some of the newer Sport Line seats but nobody had them

Sparco, the R100"s are what they are, A bit thin on the padding so I would think longer road trips would lead to a numb butt

the Chrono Road were very comfortable and fit me well, I have to double check the dimension but I think they might fit.

Recaro Speed was just too tight

I went to Sube Sports, Werks II Motorsport, Ron Millen Motorsports, and Upgrade Motoring

All were helpful but didn't have as many reclining seat as I had hoped for.

Werks had the high pressure salesperson 

Upgrade Motoring was the most talkative and the person I talked to Glenn is a Z car guy and was very Knowledgable and talked about roll bars, tires, wheels etc suspension etc, He knows his stuff

All the places except for Upgrade Motoring were quoting me MSRP, Upgrade Motoring was willing to give me a Z club discount at least.