HybridZ

losing motivation, looking for inspiration

nismoluv

Some of us bought cars 20 years ago with plans, and contently sit knowing when the rest of the BS is over, the cars will be there, waiting...

Like Ice Cream on a hot summer's day! Suddenly you have all the time in the world to do what you want, and the means to do it.

7 years? Pfft! I bought a car in AZ in 1991 and moved it to storage in someone's yard. In 1997 I finally had a place to store it, and went to go get it. The person where I stored it tolerated my one or two day appearances with this or that to bolt on in the intervening 6 years. I spent a whole elapsed time of about 25 hours over that six years...on what they considered a basket case.

But true to my word: That "Basket Case" DROVE out of the back yard, and ON TO MY TRAILER...

It moved to my place in CA. and sits even longer. As I pick parts, hoard parts... The killer to projects is not really money. Or parts availability. It's time. 

If you don't get all spastic over ADDHD quick completion syndrome... and wait for the part you WANT to use to show up, and DO NOT start assembly until you have them ALL... You will be AMAZED how quickly the job goes!

Like moving that car out of the back yard in AZ...

Watch other people's projects. Waiting for this, waiting for that...need money for this need money for that, no time....

But if EVERYTHING is THERE. Already bought and paid for...all you need is TIME.

Frankly, the last time I got laid off, I was ecstatic! "I got TIME to put the 510 together!"

Unfortunately I poured my driveway at long last giving me a decent, level place to work not in the dirt...and damnit I got a job within two weeks. 

And the rest, as they say, is history! 346+ days overseas last year. 280+ the prior two years. 250+ and 230+ in the years before that. And the days not overseas....going into the office in the USA. Leaving weekends few and far between!

It will end. 

And then, I assemble. 

7 years? PFFT! 

I find that watching and reading stuff others have uploaded about the same gives be that little boost to stay interested. Go sit in your car for a few minutes. Imagine yourself driving it and all the honeys you'll be impressing with it. They don't know that it isn't a Ferrari! Don't tell em different!

I don't think about impressing honeys. If I wanted to do that I'd buy a completed pimped Civic and go troll Torrance...

I think about AC/DC at 2AM on a Sunday morning, shifting into the next higher gear and rolling on the boost with a montage from the original "Wangan Midnight" heading into the tunnel. The ceiling fan in the garage giving the requisite fluttered lights effect to take me to Daikoku Futo and that run against the Blackbird...

Forget honeys... I want speed...

I don't think about impressing honeys. If I wanted to do that I'd buy a completed pimped Civic and go troll Torrance...

I think about AC/DC at 2AM on a Sunday morning, shifting into the next higher gear and rolling on the boost with a montage from the original "Wangan Midnight" heading into the tunnel. The ceiling fan in the garage giving the requisite fluttered lights effect to take me to Daikoku Futo and that run against the Blackbird...

stock motor datsun are as fast as my wifes stock civic SI which is pathetic. Sounds like you need a camaro or a mustang. If your bnot willing to put the time in, sell it and buy something ready and running.

I <3 you....just saying. lol

Haha well that's about all the motivation I have for you. Although I will say there is no better feeling in the world than enclosing myself in my 260z and just sitting in it. Even if it is as far away from done than it can be just know that not every Joe shmoe has an s30. We're truly few and far between. Oh and find a honey that wants to be your side kick in your wangan midnight reinactions.

Just don't reinact the first scene

Edited by grayson260z