HybridZ

Need help with wheel bearings and stub axle.

egzlilgituarboy9

I'll take a look once I get home from work and measure them out.

The hub is stamped with an A, B or C. Clean the  dirt and paint off of the hub and verify which spacer you need.  If you have the wrong spacer to begin with measuring it will not  solve your problem!

You should download a copy of the Factory Service Manual (FSM) which is where the picture I posted above is from.

Also, do a search for "stub axle" in the Drivetrain forum as there are several posts dealing with stub axle problems, bearing issues, installation, warped flanges, hub letter codes etc.

I have MM axles. Believe my old ones are gone.

Look closely at the picture in post #16.

Look on the outside of the hub for the code per the picture. The hub is the big round  part with a hole in it on the strut that the bearings go in.   All you need to do is to find the stamped code on the hub and then someone can send you a spacer.

You have lost both spacers?

Edited by Miles

Everything he needs is in the the picture you posted in #16.  Where to look for the mark, what the dimension for the hub should be and where to measure from, and the dimensions of the matching "distance piece".  Illustrated, with arrows.  There's even enough information in the chart to have a new one made, if he has the means to measure the hub width.  Maybe he's on a phone...

Everything he needs is in the the picture you posted in #16.  Where to look for the mark, what the dimension for the hub should be and where to measure from, and the dimensions of the matching "distance piece".  Illustrated, with arrows.  There's even enough information in the chart to have a new one made, if he has the means to measure the hub width.  Maybe he's on a phone...

Yes, I thought that #16 was clear and concise as possible.