HybridZ

1977 Turbo LQ4 280z Build

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small little update, but I'm happy! I only had one broken exhaust manifold bolt stuck in the head. Since the temperature was down in the 80's today and since I was bored, I figured i would attempt to get it out. After some heat with a torch it came out! Hooray for no broken exhaust manifold bolts!

post-43974-0-80677900-1407108321_thumb.jpg

I will be keeping my eye on this thread...in the process of doing a Lq4 conversion and restomod on my 73 Datsun. In the chassis phase right now will do that suspension and then engine and drivetrain. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about the LQ4 or LS so a bit of learning is happening.

I will be keeping my eye on this thread...in the process of doing a Lq4 conversion and restomod on my 73 Datsun. In the chassis phase right now will do that suspension and then engine and drivetrain. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about the LQ4 or LS so a bit of learning is happening.

They're great, easy engines to work on. Always have been my favorite engine series

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A fun little update. I went to my car and say in it. As I was looking around, I said, "holy shit! This car is small!" I had a smiling grin on my face and that was enough motivation for me to start looking for more parts. I should hopefully have a t56 by next week

Haha, yeah they are little. My wife's first comment when she saw the car was "do real people fit in there?". Good luck with the tranny!

Thanks! It's difficult trying to find a t56 out here. They rarely pop up for sale. After I get one, the fun should begin! All I know for sure is that it'll be getting corbeaus soon after it starts moving because my seat foam is worn out! Edited by Meatwad

Haha, yeah they are little. My wife's first comment when she saw the car was "do real people fit in there?". Good luck with the tranny!

The other day I was filling up at the pump and I overheard a young kid speaking to his father "dad look how small that car is" LOL I bet it looked strange as I'm 6'2 225lb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While I'm still looking for a t56 (I have one guy looking to 4l80e swap his car and sell me his t56, but I'm not holding my breathe). My custom grind cam with the proper valvespring and hydraulic roller lifters finally shipped today.

On the side, i wanted to actually do something to the car instead of working on the engine. I have decided to attempt to delete the turn signals in the grille. I found these 7" housings on eBay with Amber halos. They use h4 bulbs. The halo will only light up when the turn signal blinks, but when the headlights are on, they will act as running on a dimmer setting. I have picked up some diodes and resistors to make the led halos dual intensity so I can run them as running likes an turn signals.

post-43974-0-42021500-1421892455_thumb.jpg

Finally got my load resistors Thursday and my waterproof plugs came in this evening. I did as much as I could do since it's dark. I soldered and heat shrinks one side of the plugs to the halos

post-43974-0-07663500-1422157927_thumb.jpg

Also made the set up for the dual intensity lights. The running lights wire will be soldered to the side with the resistor and diode, while the turn signal wire will be soldered to the side with just the diode.

post-43974-0-04570900-1422158083_thumb.jpg