HybridZ

3 Different Oil Pumps?

Guest TKR514

I need an oil pump for my stock 280zx. An on-line catalog lists 1 for the N/A and 2 for the Turbo(Auto & Manual). That's 3 different pumps for the L6. They all require the same gasket part number..

Is the turbo pump "better" for a stock N/A engine? If so, should I use the manual transmission turbo oil pump or the automatic transmission turbo oil pump?

Curious.

the automatic turbo oil pump is the best. It has the largest gear off all. next comes the manual turbo and then the crapist of all the N/A for me I wanted the automatic turbo pump to supply my turbo with oil and I would say get the 81 automatic turbo oil pump it will bolt right up and will fit any datsun L6 motor.

tbs

Well, I got 300K miles so far, was still running strong when I pulled it for engine bay refurb. I started taking it appart last night and it looks almost brand new!

Since this is and will be a daily driver, I might just go standard again and do another 300K?