HybridZ

High beams only?

JoeinCA

I hacent driven the thing in 4-5 months, and the lights worked the last time i drove it...

Also, i replacced every fuse in my fuse block with fresh ones before i started the car...

If they are on a separate circuit, does that mean they also have separate relays for low/high beams?

thanks again for your help...

Joe.

flip from hi to low a couple times hard. one time the switch on the column got stuck in between hi and low, then only hi worked for a while. i played with it alittle more and both started working again never had a problem since. my guess is the switch is either going bad or intermintent

Thanks for the tip Stony, I'll try that as soon as I get up tommorrow...

Oh well, it isnt like the car is very driveable right now anyways... (i mean, it does drive, but there are certain points that i need to address before i take it anywhere besides my neighborhood)..

Thanks again,

Joe

No relays in the headlight cicuit - all current is routed throught the steering column switches, which are really old by now.

I've had to do what Stony suggests - Flip the dimmer switch several ( maybe lots of ) times to wipe those old contacts in the switch. This will probably make it work.

Stony's experience is similar to mine. I had the same problem and it was the combo switch that was causing it. I think on mine though, I turned the lights off and then back on, and the high/low worked fine again. The problem only happened 2 or 3 time a year, so it wasn't a big deal.

Guest Anonymous

If the 77z's are wired like the 240's then the hight and low beams use a different ground wire so check that. Its strange because it is backwards of most cars the z's have a single power wire and then two grounds one for high beam one for low beam.