HybridZ

do it you self head porting?

ok what areas should be done, can I get shorter valve guides, under cut the valves, can I get some pictures of other peoples head port jobs in the bowls. I'm just trying to do it my self its no big deal I can do it just fine I've been pracitying on a junk p79 so I'm all set I just need to know the best areas and other things to do.

tbs

I`ve been told by wise people that you can mess up more than you will gain.

Now, if you just go in a clean up some of the casting mess that can`t hurt.(IMO)(just don`t go crazy)

If you really want results, pay the price and have a professional do the work.

speed/performance = $$$$$$ How fast do you want to go?

IMO, it would require months of study for most people before hand, because many people do work the wrong areas and in the wrong amounts.

Ooh, whats this short side radius in the exaust port, I can cut this sucker down and get LOTS of flow!

Your best bet is to make a cast of each port, and analyze it, make a cutout, and follow it. Read books before you do this though.

Pretty wise advice, not much real gains unless the casting is piss poor, but its safe. Do NOT polish the intake tract, exaust sure but intake no. Taking material off is where it gets iffy, bowl work is the safest for rookies. Polishing the combustion chamber also a plus, if you can do it without removing material.