HybridZ

suggestions on modifying low end on a zxt

turbobluestreak

Good A/F ratio and optimal timing should give you a pretty flat curve. I think little over on the rich side will give more torque. Lean on topend for more HP. I was told.

On my dyno, I had 200-217ft/lb torque from 3000rpm to 5400rpm. A/F started at 10:1(Lost about 10ft/lb), then 14.5:1 at the 5400rpm. Max turque happened @ 11.5:1 A/F ratio.

a properly setup stock L28et turbo system moves just like a stock NA l28, no jolt in the butt when the turbo kicks on, thats a sign you have too many restrictions in your intake or the turbo is way too big, it just starts picking up early and has this eerie flat torque curve all the way (for me) 6200, where i usually shift, cause i dont see the need to rev any higher.

Choice of cam and cam timing will make a difference. With the stock cam, if you want good low-end, off-boost response, don't run it retarded from the stock index (as normal wear and tear will tend to make it). You definitely want a BOV, especially with a M/T car, and you've got to have an intercooler so that you can advance the ignition timing (and enrichen accordingly) and not get into detonation problems when the boost does come on. DAW