HybridZ

240zg light bar

sta

I swapped out my factory lights for new hellas and wired the lights off of relays to eliminate resistance and voltage drop from the factory switch.  Quality was mediocre at best compared to modern lights.  

I decided to try something different and mounted an LED light bar in the radiator opening.  I have a g nose car so I only have the lower opening.  

This is what I installed:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/eclipse-series-off-road-led-light-bar/30-off-road-led-light-bar--90w/1489/

I wasn't sure what to expect, but if anything they may be too bright.  Night driving on back roads will be fantastic, however I will not be able to use them as driving lights.

I was concerned that blocking some of the radiator opening may have impaired the cooling system, but that does not appear to be the case.  That being said it was in the 50s when I went for a drive Sunday.

post-10307-0-67031300-1415656304_thumb.jpgpost-10307-0-23198200-1415656344_thumb.jpg

Edited by sta

The ZG opening is closely sized for sizing to cool the engine. Duct it properly and if you aren't oversized (blocking too much) then you will be fine.

Myna sharks Teeth raised freeway operating temperature 15F. Removed every other tooth, temp dropped back to where it was before "The Teeth"

Test, quantify, tweak.