HybridZ

Oil Pressure too high

out_riding

I have a built 3.0 with a Rebello prepared block and crank running a turbo oil pump and Rebello's oil bypass modification. The oil pressure is fine at idle, but at speed, it runs right around 100 psi. Does anyone know of a lighter spring for the oil pump or an easy way to adjust the pressure? I have a mechanical autometer gauge, so I am sure this is the pressure. My engine seems to find leaks where there would normally be none. 

Any real world experience would be sincerely appreciated

Rebello probably knows.  Probably interested in what you're thinking of doing also, I would guess.  You could call him.

Here's a book that describes modifying the pump's relief pressure - http://www.amazon.com/Modify-Your-Nissan-Datsun-Engine/dp/1931128049

Forgot to say - the stock senders and gauges aren't very accurate, if that's where you're getting the "100" from.  Best to verify with a directly-mounted gauge on an oil passage first.

Edited by NewZed

I missed 

"I have a mechanical autometer gauge"

Is it me...or does this say he's already GOT a mechanical gauge?

Missed that, oops.  But Autometer does sell typical electrical sender type gauges.  Good to verify that the OP actually has a tube full of oil running to the gauge.

I'm curious in general about the Rebello bypass.  Does Rebello modify the pump when he installs the bypass?  Seems odd to pay for a Rebello motor then get on to an internet forum and ask how to mess with it.

"I have a mechanical autometer gauge"

Is it me...or does this say he's already GOT a mechanical gauge?

Tony, it's me not reading the entire post.

I plug the bypass on the engines I have built, and even with the Wolfcreek adjustable pressure setup, I still couldn't get more than 80psi. And this was with the NISMO pump cover and external pickup. You can get one of these adjustment bolts from Wolfcreek and try to turn the pressure down.

I've got a good (bad) Rebello story. I won't bash Dave in public as he is making good on it.