HybridZ

What Size Wheel/Tire?

I sure thought by now anti-matter would be discovered and we would be riding around on hovercraft. Go 18s. But, the only wheel I have found with our bolt pattern is a Rota Grid. Looks good on a 240sx, but a little wonkie on a 240z. If you don't think an 18 looks good on a Z, you haven't seen Mikelly's car. Looks awesome.

I sure thought by now anti-matter would be discovered and we would be riding around on hovercraft. Go 18s. But, the only wheel I have found with our bolt pattern is a Rota Grid. Looks good on a 240sx, but a little wonkie on a 240z. If you don't think an 18 looks good on a Z, you haven't seen Mikelly's car. Looks awesome.

The car looks like a great project,  just IMO 16"or less looks better.

Due to the rules set forth by the vintage race groups (SVRA, VRG, etc.), 15 inch tires are available from many tire companies. I am required to run a non-slick so I opt to use Toyo RA-1s (the 888s are not worth the money and are like running on ice skates). The RAs are good out of the package and get better with time, until they aren't. Good in the rain as well.

Of course if a 15-inch wheel won't fit over your brake caliper, it's 16s which I run on the street Z (245/45/16 on 16X8 BBS rims).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...