HybridZ

LS3 and Serpintine stuff

I am doing an LS3 swap into a 240z, I need an alternator bracket, tentioner, and belt.

Does anyone have the correct part numbers? I am not running AC, or PS.

Thanks in advance, also, would like to discuss other Z car LS swaps,

Please PM me your numbers!!

Mark..

The LS1 brackets should work on the LS3 without any issues. For the alternator I’m using GM parts numbers 12563327 and 12556915 (see pictures), you can get them used or go to gmpartsdirect.com and buy them new at a fraction of the cost. In some cases even cheaper than Ebay.

As for the tensioner I’m using the CBM tensioner since it is adjustable and some had issues with the stock spring loaded self-adjusting tensioner failing (throwing the belt) at higher rpm’s. For the belt I’m afraid the belt I’m using may not work for you since I’m running the JCI A/C unit on my LS3. Hope this helps and feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

post-14557-0-06500300-1421237060.jpg

post-14557-0-57782300-1421237071.jpg

Edited by alainburon

Alainburon-let me get this straight:

You are using stock LS3 water pump, LS3 harmonic balancer, LS3 tensioner (you bought a fancy one), JCI A/C kit and the LS1 f-body alternator with LS1 f-body alternator brackets and it all lined up well? Was your LS3 out of a particular donor vehicle or is it a crate motor?

Edited by RebekahsZ

Alainburon-let me get this straight:

You are using stock LS3 water pump, LS3 harmonic balancer, LS3 tensioner (you bought a fancy one), JCI A/C kit and the LS1 f-body alternator with LS1 f-body alternator brackets and it all lined up well? Was your LS3 out of a particular donor vehicle or is it a crate motor?

I'm using the LS1 water pump, ATI LS Super Damper harmonic balancer, LS3 aftermarket tensioner, JCI A/C kit and LS1 f-body alternator with LS1 f-body alternator brackets and everything lined up perfectly. The water pump needed to be modified at the top to clear the Nick Williams 102 throtle body as it would rub just a bit but I guess that has nothing to do with belt alignment. My LS3 was built my Mast Motorsports so it would be more like a crate motor except it is a forged 416 CID stroker.