HybridZ

L24 with Edelbrock 1405 Problems

monsween

Hi, 

I'm a 240z owner from Scotland that's purchased a Datsun running a 1405 edelbrock.

It's seriously overfueling and ive purchased a fuel pressure regulator to fiddle with this weekend however i was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. 

I assume the engine is standard internals with this thing bolted on and the carb is running standard jets. (Wont know until i get them out)

Any help or advice on this one would be great

Cheers

Kieran

I'm hoping that my problem is it's firing a lot more than 5psi in it and the 1-5psi regulator i've bought will sort me right out. If not i'll need some recomendations on a jet for it.

The 1405 is rich on a 350 chevy,if u have vacuum secondarys you can adjust it to work its a very simple carburetor.let me know if i can help.

I'm going to be fiddling with it on Saturday so will update the thread regardless of getting it working :)

In the old days of cheapness, be would take the big jets out, heat them with a LPG torch and solder the jet hole solid. Then re drill with the smallest jet-drill you thought would work, and trial & error work it from there until optimized.

Then buy a set of proper Holley Jets.

Then move on to transition tip in on the vacuum secondaries and the metering rods...argh!