HybridZ

L28et parts for l28

bizzyboi904

I have an 1977 280z with a stock l28 engine. I am panning on swapping in a l28et when I can find one for a reasonable price. In the mean time I want to start buying parts for the future engine that can also work with what I have now. For instance I purchased a larger 3 row aluminum radiator to deal with the increased heat of a turbo motor. The stock radiator I have now is leaking so this was a reasonable upgrade. I also purchased a Pallnet barbed fuel rail, but im not sure if that was a good idea versus going with an o-ring style fuel rail.(by the way I need a recommendation for a FPR) My question is what parts can I use on my current engine that will work with my future engine? I want to avoid buying the same parts twice. I made that mistake by buying a new stock clutch kit instead of upgrading to a 2+2 flywheel and clutch kit, while this may not be an issue now, When ever I swap to the turbo motor the bigger clutch would have been a better option.

My goals for the l28et is approximately 300 to 350 hp, nothing really crazy. I am going to go to mega squirt for engine management and I will be installing MS on the l28 so I have some practice tuning.

Edited by bizzyboi904

The barbed fuel rail can be used with your stock injectors, and there are a fair selection of injectors that will fit it when you upgrade to MS.

The stock FPR works great at 300-350 hp.  I got an AEM FPR but it will not keep the fuel rail pressurized when the pump is turned off, so it takes some cranking to fire it up on a cold start.

You will definitely need a better clutch.  You can get a good fuel pump like a bosch or walbro, either will support your hp goals.  Other than turbo-specific parts, that's all I can think of you should really need.