HybridZ

1J and 2J motor mounts

Geno750

I purchased them 2ish months ago. I like some of it and hate some of it. So im gonna keep the part that mounts to our oem mounts and ditch the part that actually goes onto the 2jz black and make my own. I brought them as a template I guess I didn't really expect much from cxracing. But for $200 or $300 im not that mad since im using half the kit.

The issue is the part that connects from the block to the actual mount, it has too much movement for my comfort and doesn't seem strong enough for anything more than 300 hp.

I purchased them 2ish months ago. I like some of it and hate some of it. So im gonna keep the part that mounts to our oem mounts and ditch the part that actually goes onto the 2jz black and make my own. I brought them as a template I guess I didn't really expect much from cxracing. But for $200 or $300 im not that mad since im using half the kit.

The issue is the part that connects from the block to the actual mount, it has too much movement for my comfort and doesn't seem strong enough for anything more than 300 hp.

I can already tell I don't like the bolts it came with, but that's an easy fix. I'd have pictures and more details but my 2mo old got rsv, and I've been with her in the nicu since. I do like how the mount connects to the crossmember though. I wasn't keen on the 550lb motor sitting on my cars 38 year old frame rails.

I'm going to keep an eye on this post.  Have been considering the CX Racing mount kit for an RB25 swap, but if I can't find someone to buy my 1JZ/R154 or trade it for an RB25, then I always have the option of waiting for these mounts to come out, or use Freed Engineering's mounts for installing my 1JZ.

Id just go custom. Try and find someone that is willing to make mounts for you. I have a friend that made his mounts and was willing to make mine, but I found out AFTER I brought the cx racing mounts. Im still going to have him make my mounts even if I have the cx racing ones lol.

I like how this guy made his mounts. His thread is on here and is recent. Take a look at his album it is AMAZING. You will not be disappointed. 2jzge-t with lots of amazing fab work. These mounts are very simple but go on directly to the chassis, as opposed to oe mount location.

post-13572-0-09141600-1425906227_thumb.jpg

post-13572-0-94941700-1425906227_thumb.jpg

post-13572-0-44861800-1425906228_thumb.jpg

post-13572-0-02581900-1425906229_thumb.jpg

post-13572-0-35341900-1425906229_thumb.jpg

post-13572-0-83702000-1425906229_thumb.jpg

Sorry to create the thread and then be really slow on updates. First off, you'll likely want to order new bolts to bolt the plates to the motor. Pictured are the stock motor mount bolts with the cx plate. Also, the stock bolts bottom out too soon.

JTyrvES.jpg

The mount bolts are M10x1.25 and a package of 25 25mm bolts from mcmaster is $8

Edited by Geno750

I bought the plans for 1j/2j mounts from beta motor sports. I'm deployed right now but when I get back home I will be making some up to sale. Just throwing that out there for those interested. They set the motor back much further than the CX racing kit but they do require some welding. Anyways I will start posting some for sale when I get back home in April, keep an eye out for them.

More updates, and they should be more frequent from here on out now that I finished unpacking most of my tools. There is surprisingly quite a bit of adjustment possible with these mounts. Just about every hole is slotted, allowing for a total of approx. 2" of adjustment. I'll be removing my L28 from the car over the next few days, but for now here is what the mounts CX is selling look like.

exhside.jpg

imside.jpg

One issue I can see with these is the oil return for the turbo. I'm switching manifolds due to my turbo being internally gated.

manifold.jpg

Edited by Geno750

That extra adjustment will be an issue with vibration and such. Make sure to use Loctite. Maybe you can route the oil return a certain way? Then wrap it with some heat shielding.

I'm planning to replace the bolts it came with. I'll be going with grade 8 bolts and jet nuts. As for oil return, I'm going to convert to -10an and I think a 45degree fitting will clear.

• 3 weeks later...