HybridZ

Back at it....

post-9962-0-81659900-1428087271_thumb.jpg

This pic. is from Rebello Racing yesterday.

It's a B-Sean engine with restrictor. Notice the aluminum velocity stack and plenum....

We've got limited horizonatal space, so will make what we can for a street car....

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my itg filter is falling apart on the exterior....

these are a couple hundred......

Not that I have the time, but I minus well just design something for that kind of money.....

I had an old one that did the same - the foam dries out if they sit for too long.  I hung onto it, thinking it might be a great base to fibreglass up some sort of air box onto - the backplate is there already after all.  In the end, I got lazy and never bothered, but there is a company over in the UK called Reverie that makes some pretty incredible looking air boxes that attach onto ITG backplates.  Big $$$ though!  

Some ideas for you here:  http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/carbon_airbox.php

I had an old one that did the same - the foam dries out if they sit for too long.  I hung onto it, thinking it might be a great base to fibreglass up some sort of air box onto - the backplate is there already after all.  In the end, I got lazy and never bothered, but there is a company over in the UK called Reverie that makes some pretty incredible looking air boxes that attach onto ITG backplates.  Big $$$ though!  

Some ideas for you here:  http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/carbon_airbox.php

that airbox looks good from reverie.

they generally don't stock items from my past experience and I have little to no patience; as you can tell....

my filter did the same thing yours did.

I'd like a little more volume than even the reverie carbon box and just have to do things the hard way.....but at minimum I can say is that it's custom.... :)

post-9962-0-16052100-1428103633_thumb.jpgpost-9962-0-84807000-1428103603_thumb.jpg

not enough time today....did what we could instead of just mounting a heatshield....

To be continued.............in 10 days......

Thank you all for the support and hope I was able to entertain you.....

post-9962-0-93287400-1428103833_thumb.jpg

....................this is the largest plenum volume/size possible with my set up. I think my itg fillter used to rub the master cylinder as well.

Edited by Hoover

My son and I drove around the shop. I didn't want to go too far under the circumstances.

I remember the smell of fuel, loud exhaust, and clunks vividly. What great memories!!!!

We drove down to the local Ihop and parked in the back and little did I know, I lost the door lock keys...LOL!!!!

Well, it's fully insured, so I wasn't worried.

Not 1 minute after entering the restaurant, I found a picture of the Z on instagram in the parking lot.post-9962-0-85259200-1428173655_thumb.jpg

My son thought that was so so cool and so did I.

All in all, mission accomplished, less Cars and Coffee which is tomorrow and I will be traveling.

i officially start vacation in 2 hours....

i'm thinking of installing an extra mild turbo engine instead.....

Had this motor sitting for 2 years and never did anything with it.

would not take too much work and I think in 10 days it could be installed, fabrication and tuned...

I know I could make 400whp easily....and it would drive better than the ITB....

I'll think it over and lucky i'm not at the shop.....chances of pulling the motor would be good. I'll atleast gather all the parts first and make a decision....

Edited by Hoover

thanks!

I was just in San Diego the other day. Really like the area!

It's just a dash cap.

I do have carbon door panels in the works, but the factory interior is kinda classy the way it is.

I just can't help modding.

post-9962-0-38858200-1429062060_thumb.jpgpost-9962-0-86182800-1429062086_thumb.jpgpost-9962-0-02230900-1429062133_thumb.jpg

Well....I'm back from vacation for 1.5 days now.

The Lincoln welder is acting up but has been very reliable for 13+ years now. I bought the latest Miller today and that was very expensive, but we need it.

Changing ride height. With my son in the car, we did rub. I think it might be due the flares not being symetrical (i have authentic ZG flares from Japan) or maybe it was installed off a little.

Tow hooks, fuel sending unit, NOS 240z windshield wiper arms and hood emblem arrived. Should have all of it installed by tomorrow.

Building a proto-type air box. In all honesty, I should have made it out of thicker aluminum. I'm considering installing my turbo engine and can use the throttle bodies for induction; kinda my own version of the Devil Z from Wangan Midnight, but less power.......